In order to keep your book alive after your promotion on Kindle ends you could do quite a few thing. They all involve promotion. After all is said and done, if you don’t promote they won’t come, if they don’t come, they won’t see, if they don’t see how can they ever purchase? You have to accept the fact that you are changing your hat, so-to-speak. When you wrote your book, like I did, you were a writer. Then you changed hats the day your book launched and earned the moniker of Author. Now, you have another chapeau to wear, that of marketer.
But what does that really mean?
Some of the things that I do are:
- Comment on blogs to create link backs
- Use Social Media to connect with potential readers
- Grow your contact list by connecting with other authors in your niche (they are potential partners, NOT competition!)
- Create and purchase ad space
- Search for podcasts that you could possibly be a guest on
There’s five different things you could start with, but don’t limit yourself to these. There are a ton more you could benefit from sticking your toe in the proverbial water.
Until next time, “Show you care before you share.” —Ginger Marks